Name : George Rose
Job Title : Lecturer: Sport and Exercise Science, Laboratory Demonstrator
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone Number : 01633 432940
Campus : Caerleon
Academic Faculty and School or Department : Faculty of Education and Social Sciences. School of Sport, Health and Applied Social Sciences
Research Centre or Group : Health and Sport
Biography : During a successful sporting career representing both Great Britain and Wales in Road Cycling, George developed a strong interest around the physiology of sporting performance. He recently acquired an MSc in Sport and Exercise Science, and is now lecturing in Sports Science and managing the Sport and Health Laboratory at Newport.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications :
- BSc (hons) Sport and Exercise Science, University of Wales, Institute Cardiff.
- MSc Sport and Exercise Science, University of Wales, Institute Cardiff. (with distinction)
- Professional Bodies and Memberships :
- Professional member of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science (BASES).
- BASES Network representative
- Research Expertise or Interest :
- Physiology of Elite cyclists
- Oxygen uptake kinetics
- Fitness assessment and maturation in male youth rugby
- Publications :
- Rose, G. (2008). Fitness assessment and physiological development in male youth rugby. Paper presented at the 6th International Sport and Quality of Life Conference. Czech Republic, November.
- Rose, G. (2009). Erasmus exchange experiences with Masaryk University Faculty of Sports Studies. Oral presentation at the Newport NEXUS Conference 2009. Newport, June.
- Rose, G. (2009). Fitness assessment and physiological development in male youth rugby. Poster presentation at the All Wales Virtual Institute of Sport Health & Exercise Science (WISHES) 2009. Aberystwyth, July.