Name : Laura Luo
Job Title : Lecturer - Management
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone Number : 01633 432384
Campus : City Centre
Academic Faculty and School or Department : Faculty of Arts and Business, Newport Business School
Research Centre or Group : Business Accountability and Responsibility Centre, Newport
Biography : Laura joined the University as a researcher in 2003 and was appointed to a lecturer post in management in 2007. Previously, she had worked in China teaching at universities and doing research and project management for a number of private and public institutions.
At Newport, she is mainly engaged in lecturing a range of subject areas in business and management, supervising MBA students and doing a PhD study on social enterprise.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications :
- PGCert in Higher Education (University of Wales, Newport 2007)
- MBA (University of Wales, Newport 2003)
- CELTA (University of Wales, Newport 2001)
- Certificate of Training for Facilitators of Participatory Strategic
- Planning/Project Planning Implementation and Administration (GTZ Germany/China 2000)
- Certificate of Project Management, Country Seminar (Asia Development Bank/China 1998)
- BA in English (Xiangtan University, China 1983)
- Professional Bodies and Memberships :
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
- Member of ISBE, UK
- Research Expertise or Interest : Laura has conducted research and published relevant outcomes on comparative business networking, ethnic entrepreneurship, small business growth and social entrepreneurship.
Her PhD stage research focuses on leading and managing social enterprise
- Grants Awarded :
- SIP project in Social Enterprise (May - November 2008)
- Research Supervision : Laura started MBA dissertation supervision at Newport in 2004. Her supervision subject areas include organisational performance, cross culture management and international strategy.
- Research Degree Examiner Appointments : Appointed in 2010, Laura is an undergraduate external examiner at Southampton Solent University.
- Publications :
- An Enterprising Social Business Model – the Case of E-Inclusion Recycling, paper published at Newport Business School Research Journal, Issue November 2010
- Innovative Strategic Leadership in a Social Enterprise: A Model for Change” Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems, I*PROMS , Cardiff University, July 2009
- The Doctor Who Effect’: The emergence of a creative industries cluster in South East Wales. Published at ISBE 29th National Conference - Oct-Nov 2006
- Entrepreneurship in Chinese Family Business: the Case of Succession in South Wales. Presented at ISBE 29th National Conference - Oct-Nov 2006